FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matthews Baby Boom Question

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill @ UGA
Matthews Baby Boom Question
on Oct 19, 2007 at 12:46:14 pm

Hello,

I have been using a Matthews Baby Boom (#427801) for many years, and have recently bought a second one. Both are regularly used on a Century Stand.

To secure the boom to the stand, I have simply been slipping the female boom end over the male stand end and tightening down a Matthews handle. Well, I'm missing one of these handles so I went to the Matthews website to get the part. And can't find it. Instead, their literature says I need a Junior Receiver or a Baby Pin.

Well, I belive I know what the Baby Pin does...that is, it allows the boom to sit in a much larger stand which has a large female socket to recieve the boom. But how does the Junior Receiver work, and to the point, is this the part I need instead of the simple Matthews tightening screw-handle I've been using for so long?

Thank you all... -- Bill

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Matthews Baby Boom Question
on Oct 19, 2007 at 3:19:54 pm

Ummmm... I think Matthews must be confused about what you need (or either I'm the one that's confused).

Aren't you just looking for the "T-handle" knob that you see on every C-stand and grip head?

If so, I think that is Matthews part B63201 which they describe as "T Handle, large 5/16-18."

Unfortunately Matthews doesn't sell invidual parts online (although you used to be able to get a parts book online.... maybe you still can)... you have to call them directly to buy parts.

Hope that helps,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]