FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matthews Baby Boom Question

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill @ UGA
Matthews Baby Boom Question
on Oct 19, 2007 at 12:46:14 pm


I have been using a Matthews Baby Boom (#427801) for many years, and have recently bought a second one. Both are regularly used on a Century Stand.

To secure the boom to the stand, I have simply been slipping the female boom end over the male stand end and tightening down a Matthews handle. Well, I'm missing one of these handles so I went to the Matthews website to get the part. And can't find it. Instead, their literature says I need a Junior Receiver or a Baby Pin.

Well, I belive I know what the Baby Pin does...that is, it allows the boom to sit in a much larger stand which has a large female socket to recieve the boom. But how does the Junior Receiver work, and to the point, is this the part I need instead of the simple Matthews tightening screw-handle I've been using for so long?

Thank you all... -- Bill

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Matthews Baby Boom Question
on Oct 19, 2007 at 3:19:54 pm

Ummmm... I think Matthews must be confused about what you need (or either I'm the one that's confused).

Aren't you just looking for the "T-handle" knob that you see on every C-stand and grip head?

If so, I think that is Matthews part B63201 which they describe as "T Handle, large 5/16-18."

Unfortunately Matthews doesn't sell invidual parts online (although you used to be able to get a parts book online.... maybe you still can)... you have to call them directly to buy parts.

Hope that helps,


Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved