FORUMS: list search recent posts

Medium size blue screen studio

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby1135
Medium size blue screen studio
on Aug 30, 2007 at 3:17:12 pm

Hey guys,

Ok i'll just lay out what were using first and then the problem to see if you can help. We have a blue screen stage , The stage is 11ft high and wraps around about 25ft. The floor comes out about 10 ft. For background lighting we are using 4 150W halogen flood lights mounted to the ceiling and also one on each side of the screen. For backlight there is a can light mounted to the ceiling with an amber gel. I have 2 Jtl everlight 500W lights with soft boxes and a 5x3 bounce card. I've been messing around with the light combinations for a key and fill. Im using a Panasonic agDVC20P camera and editing it in Sony Vegas. We use to just do half body , one wall bluescreen work with the same kind of lights and it would key out fine. Since we have moved on to the full body stuff im having some serious problems. I cant get an even key out of anything, Its either too much bleed, or it will be extremely shaky looking when rendered down and all of the motions are now blurry. Is there anything anyone would suggest for changes in Lighting? Or is this a problem just with bluescreening with DV, or do I need a different editing software? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Medium size blue screen studio
on Aug 31, 2007 at 1:59:50 pm

Full body blue or green screen is a challenge. If you don't have a waveform monitor I suggest you rent or buy one. If will show how even the light is on the background. If you have a straight line on the waveform, you key will be more consistent.

That said, I think you'll need more instruments to light the floor since your key and fill lights are probably washing out its color.

As for keying with DV, search the Final Cut Pro forum for DV key and you'll find a lot of information. There are some specific plug ins that will really help.

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.4.8 QT7.1.3
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP Studio 5 (FCP5.1.2, DVDSP4.1.1, Comp2.3, STP1.1, Motion 2.1.2)
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG15.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.50
AJA IO driver 2.1 firmware v23-28
Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neuman U87s, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Dennis Size
Re: Medium size blue screen studio
on Sep 4, 2007 at 3:47:36 am

Lighting greenscreens has been discussed ad nauseum in this FORUM.
You should definitely go back into the archives and you'll find a wealth of information to help get you on the right path.

DS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]