FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED lights???

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Pitt
LED lights???
on May 31, 2007 at 2:08:55 pm

Hey everyone...I have a lighting question.

We do a lot of internal video productions, but we certainly don't have a proper studio. We have been given a conference room in our building and it really isn't that bad. We have pretty decent sound control, there is lots of room, and it has worked out pretty well so far. The biggest problem is lighting. Not so much lighting, but power. We have a set of Arri lights (1K, 650, 350, and 2 150s). We are getting close to pushing the limits in that room. We are buying more lights this week, but we are looking at LEDs because of the power issue. Does anyone have any recommendations? Will I run into problems using the LEDs with the Arris that we are currently using? Any advice would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: LED lights???
on May 31, 2007 at 3:03:48 pm

Well... exactly what LEDs are you looking at? With 2K of tungsten already in the room, I would think that most LED instruments would not be bright enough to do any real practical good.

If you want decent output but are trying to keep your power consumption (and heat) down, I would suggest Kinos. If price is an issue the guy at coollights.biz makes some very decent Kino-clones... but if you are considering LEDs from LitePanels (or similar) then I'm guessing money isn't really a concern, so I'd probably go with the real Kinoflos.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

brian pitt
Re: LED lights???
on May 31, 2007 at 7:47:41 pm

thanks for the advice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]