FORUMS: list search recent posts

portable soft box

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walken5555
portable soft box
on Apr 20, 2007 at 12:16:30 am

can anyone recommend a chimera type soft-box that can either go on the camera or carried next to the camera for mobile night street shots? And can this be powered by the camera or is a battery of some sort necessary? Thanks.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: portable soft box
on Apr 20, 2007 at 3:18:19 am

Chimera makes a little softbox for the Anton Bauer Ultralite which is available as either a tungsten or daylite source, but I also recomment the LitePanel on camera LED light which is daylight in balance but comes with tungsten correction gel in the kit. While this unit is pricey it creates a very nice "non-lit" look for night interviews on the street.

JS

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Apr 20, 2007 at 3:22:29 pm

You might look and see if PhotoFlex makes a little Chimera clone for the Ultra (I don't know if they do, but they might).

I'm a big fan of PhotoFlex boxes, we use bunches of them (from the mid-sized ones to the gigantic). I've always found them to be as good or better made than the Chimeras and substantially less expensive.

If budgets aren't a major issue I would second the suggestion that Lite Panels are worth taking a look at. Lite Panels absoutely ROCK (but unfortunately, they also rock your wallet).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Apr 20, 2007 at 4:28:06 pm

I just checked and yup Photoflex does make small light boxes for on-camera use.

Check 'em out at photoflex.com, or more specifically their "Action Dome" in their ENG section at:

http://photoflex.com/Photoflex_Products/ActionDome_Kit_with_Adjustable_Hard...

It's pretty darn cheap, too.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
on Apr 24, 2007 at 8:38:01 pm

chimera also make micro soft boxes for many on cam lights. And the small rifas can be switched to 12V

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]