FORUMS: list search recent posts

Battery powered Kino

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dick, Jane and Spot
Battery powered Kino
on Apr 17, 2007 at 10:30:34 am

Hi folks,
Long time, no visit. But here I am again. Thanks ahead of time for your comments on the following:

I bought a Black and Decker Electromate 400 yesterday. Among other things it is a 12-volt battery with a built in power inverter, capable, it says, of supplying power up to 400 watts. It wasn't enough to handle my 420 watt LTM Pepper fresnel but I plugged up my Kino 4 bank to it (with that Kino box that comes with the Kinoflo) and it seemed to work fine. I checked it with a light meter and it was putting out an equal amount of light under the inverter, compared to the wall socket.

After about 20 minutes I unplugged the Electromate and it still had a moderate amount of power left. Looks like it would go for about 40 minutes to an hour with the Kino. Thought I'd ask you guys for your thoughts before I pushed it to the limits.

Question: Am I doing anything that will hurt the Kino or the fluorescent bulbs? Any precautions? What about when the power in the battery begins to wind down?

I want to be able to use the Kino for environmental portraits outside under dark shelters where there is no electricity. On the other hand, I don't want to kill a $1000-plus fixture. I'd like your opinions on this, realizing of course, nothing is a certainty.

Thanks
Richard

(aka KooKooKatchoo)

Return to posts index

Dick, Jane and Spot
Anybody?
on Apr 19, 2007 at 6:57:49 am

Anybody?

Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved