FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluescreening a night time scene

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Bluescreening a night time scene
on Jan 4, 2007 at 8:08:08 pm

I have a shot I am about to try and pull off in which a lady laying on her bed becomes weightless and floats about the mattress.

The storyboards dictate that this is a night time scene in a bedroom with a window behind with only moonlight lighting the scene.

By nature the only bluescreen shots I have ever worked on were brightly lit shots, in order to get the backdrop to key out.

Does anyone have any tips for how I would pull off this shot without ending up with a composite in which the lighting for the lady looks completely different to the lighting in the bedroom plate over which I will be compositing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Leo Ticheli
Re: Bluescreening a night time scene
on Jan 4, 2007 at 8:21:12 pm

With few exceptions, the subject lighting should be completely independent of the screen lighting.

This means you need enough physical separation, distance, from the screen so that the screen lighting does not contribute to the subject lighting and vice versa.

Light the screen evenly and to the proper stop then light your foreground subject to suit the mood. Probably with three quarters back and a delicate touch of blue gel. I always like to throw in a practical somewhere to add fill and a harmonious color, but that's totally a matter of taste and the demands of the script.

Good shooting!

Leo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]