FORUMS: list search recent posts

kino flo

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony as in tony
kino flo
on Aug 24, 2006 at 2:26:45 am

Hi,
First timer. Im a commercial still shooter and have had an interest in Kino lights. Any still shooters out there use them. For People?
thanks
tony

Return to posts index

TG
Re: kino flo
by
on Aug 24, 2006 at 7:53:25 pm

Do you already own the Kino and what kind? I use my Lowel Caselights (Lowel version of the Kinos) on occasion with my still camera (Canon 5D) for people shots occasionally but more often for commercial shots when I can use longer time exposures. I already have the lights as part of my video package so I never bothered to buy strobes but probably I will soon. If you have to buy the Kinos you are better off buying strobes. Comparing outputs and versatility strobes are better and probably cheaper. The Kinos are very good for video but not very powerful for photo expecially if you don't have a fast lens.

TG

Return to posts index

tony as in tony
on Aug 25, 2006 at 12:24:49 am

I dont have kino lights but i do have probably 200,000 worth of strobes. Broncolor and dynalites.
All kinds of stuff but actually I think I would like the lower output as i dont want to shoot at 16 or 22 all the time.
Kino isnt very good on explaining their equipment. Not much on examples. But, then again they are made for video.
They are just very expensive and I would need maybe 4 of them and I dont want to spend 5000 or so on something I wouldnt use. Maybe Ill have to bite the bullet and rent a few.
thanks
t

Return to posts index

TG
by
on Aug 25, 2006 at 11:30:20 am

There

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]