FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended stage lighting

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dove770
Recommended stage lighting
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:49:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a studio in our church for taping our services and a talk show format. I am looking for advice on the best way to proceed - specifically what types of lights I should buy. I've been told video flourescent lighting gives a nice, soft look without emitting the same level of heat as traditional halogens. I was also advised to stick with lights with the same basic color temperature.

Any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Pastor Mike

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Recommended stage lighting
on Aug 14, 2006 at 3:27:58 am

Pastor Mike,

I don't think flourescent lights would be appropriate for your applications; and you should consider the service presentation and the talk show as seperate scenes, requiring different looks.

Lighting is not just providing enough expopsure for the cameras to work; it's more a matter of creating a mood or look that enhances the "show" that's being photographed or viewed. That's where the theatrics come into play. For example, to best light the service you might want to create a spot light area at the alter and any other "action" area that draws the viewers' attention there. If the are area changes you might consider having the lights dim when not in use. Also by creating colored "washes" you might create one or more "moods" that are appropriate to different parts of the service.

These are serveral starting points that a lighting designer would consider when faced with the task you describe. I'd recommend that you engage the services of such a person to help design, specify the equipment, install and operate and/or train your own in-house personel to operate the installation. It need not be that expensive if done on a limited consulting basis. Depending on your location, you might hire a film or video cameraperson to assist you in this task. Check your Yellow Pages, internet or Mandy.com to find someone in your area.

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]