FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diffuser

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cadge31
Diffuser
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:41:00 pm

I am shooting an outdoor interview on Saturday, and it's supposed to be very sunny. I don't own one of those huge diffusers, so I was planning on buying a plain white sheet to mount on some large c-stands and some heavy-duty clips. Will a sheet do the trick without creating too much shadow. I will be bringing some bounce cards to brighten up any darkened face issues though. Thanks.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
Re: Diffuser
on Jul 13, 2006 at 6:28:02 pm

Outdoor interviews are a challenge. Wind can play havoc with large reflectors or silks.

If you're doing the "beautiful interview," I'd recommend doing the interview as early or late in the day as possible. If you're shooting a subject who is actually doing something at the time, the lighting isn't nearly as critical.

If you can't do that, you may want to place the subject so that the sun backlights him/her, and use a small reflector for fill. In the middle of the day you may still get sun on the subject's nose. Or place the subject under a tree, aim for as dark a background as you can find, and let it blow out to the extent necessary.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]