FORUMS: list search recent posts

aahhh my fingers!

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
grinner
aahhh my fingers!
on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:08:11 am

man I do feel dumb.
I just did a halogen bulb swap in an Omni, plugged it into an ungrounded source and bulb immediatly blew. Because it was on for a fraction of a second, I didn't think anything about grabbing it with bare fingers to remove it.
duuuude, I still smell burning flesh.
what a drag. I kinda use my fingers in everyday life. My thumb and index finger are out of commision for a little while.

you may call me an idiot now

Return to posts index

Frank Otto
Re: aahhh my fingers!
on Feb 14, 2006 at 4:41:52 pm

Idiot...

Sheesh, Grin. Too long in the bay, eh?. Good thing Charlie King doesn't drop in this forum....ah, what th' heck - he's just across the room - I'll tell him...

Now's the time to start practicing alternative "digit-al" control. I just read a story about a woman who hails cabs by whistling with her toes. I imagine as long as you get the occasional pedicure it shouldn't gross out the client too much.

But seriously pal, I feel your pain.

"A moment of carelessness can leave a lifetime of sorrow...only you can prevent finger fires" -Tokey th' Bear, 1969

Cheers,

Frank Otto

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Feb 14, 2006 at 5:42:33 pm

Yep Frank told me. Get the kids to push buttons for awhile, or take a much needed vacation and bring the family to Vegas to recuperate.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

grinner
on Feb 14, 2006 at 9:36:08 pm

lol
I aint been outta the edit bat since christmas.

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Feb 15, 2006 at 11:47:25 pm

Ouch!

Also a friendly reminder for those putting a new lamp into a fixture.
Never install a new lamp with your bare oily fingers.

Return to posts index

grinner
on Feb 16, 2006 at 4:53:14 pm

oh I wasn't gonna do that. That'd be dumb. ;) I just removed the ultra hot bulb with my bare fingers.
3rd degree on my index finger and second on my thumb. Editing aint fun right now.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Mar 7, 2006 at 1:40:39 pm

[grinner] "Because it was on for a fraction of a second,"

I'm really sorry this happened to you, but I appreciate your sharing because I probably would have done the same thing. I'm really surprised that the bulb could get so hot so quickly. I think I'll add this to my first-time-grip lecture.

Thanks.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]