FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reflecmedia's reflection in glasses???

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Rich
Reflecmedia's reflection in glasses???
on Oct 13, 2005 at 10:24:46 pm

Does anyone know if there's a good way to get rid of the blue ring that reflects in the subject's glasses? Some kind of filter or positioning of the ring maybe? My client says the glasses makes him who he is, so removing them just isn't an option.

Thanks very much,

Kent Rich

Return to posts index

Jim Krause
Re: Reflecmedia's reflection in glasses???
on Oct 16, 2005 at 9:54:58 pm

The easiest thing to do is to use another lighting device (small softbox for example) and place it at an angle so it dosn't reflect. I don't think you'll have any luck using a lightring- since you need to change the angle.

You could also pop the lenses out of the glasses or use a set of frames without the glass.

- Jim

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Oct 16, 2005 at 10:34:15 pm

Lighting glasses is a real trick; some glasses are more difficult than others but here are some ideas:

Set the Key light high and close, or around to the side, and fill with a bounce off the ceiling or someother place that does not find itself in the lenses.

Light from the off camera side; this way the reflection is rarely seen because of the anle of the bounce.

Use special non-glare glasses (talent that appears on TV often usually invest in these), sometimes you'll still see the reflections.

Construct the key light to look like a real light source, so the reflection in the lens is believable.

Sometimes raising the camera fixes the problem, but be careful not to go too high and make a funny looking shot. Less a problem with women than men. In the same way you can sometimes just tilt the glasses slightly to minimize or eliminate the telltail reflection.

Tell us if you come up with some other solutions!

JS

Return to posts index

Kent Rich
on Oct 17, 2005 at 12:31:34 pm

Thank you all very much. I'll give them a try. I especially like the idea of taking the lenses out of the glasses; such a simple idea, but I didn't think of it.

Kent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]