FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting for On-the-street Interviews.

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judge Schmells
Lighting for On-the-street Interviews.
on Oct 2, 2005 at 3:21:27 am

Howdy! I do a lot of on-the-street interviews and I haven't used an on- camera light, but the lighting is always so varied, (under trees, in direct sun, beside a building) that I would like to add some consistency with an on-camera light. Any suggestions? I was considering a Lite-Panel?

Thanks!

Judge S.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: Lighting for On-the-street Interviews.
on Oct 2, 2005 at 3:42:29 pm

Judge,

The Lite Panel is a great light; being that it's daylight color balance, yet easily gelled for tungsten and that it has a very handy dimmer control, but there are definately situations, mostly day exterior when it is not powerful enough. In those cases I prefer the AB Ultralite HMI. I must admit that I probably have four or five different on-camera lights which I use in different situations, but again the newest one (Lite Panel) is usually my first call!

JS

Return to posts index

Judge Schmells
on Oct 2, 2005 at 4:29:40 pm

Thanks for the reply! So since my main use is going to be on-the-street interviews, then the lite panel might not be the best for me?

Thanks!

Judge

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Oct 2, 2005 at 4:36:19 pm

Judge,

I think that's true; you should look into the Anton Bauer HMI Ultralite; it's a nice system with interchangable tungsten source and there is even a small Chimera accessory that "takes the curse off" the bright spotty on-camera look. All this stuff can be had for less money than the basic Lite Panel.

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]