FORUMS: list search recent posts

portable green screen light kit needed

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brianluce
portable green screen light kit needed
on Aug 27, 2005 at 2:42:11 am

can someone suggest a portable green screen lighting set up? we interview people in hotel rooms sometimes so want something that won't trip the breakers. we need something to light the greenscreen and the subject. thanks.

Return to posts index

Mitch Gross
Re: portable green screen light kit needed
on Sep 2, 2005 at 2:41:06 am

I assume you don't need more than a waist-up shot if you're shooting in hotel rooms. You can buy a pop-up reversable green/blue screen that folds away like a flexfill. They come at around 6'x7' and can hang from a lightstand with a couple of spring clamps. You want to light it completely evenly at about a stop below key and you want to get the screen as far from the talent as possible. Here's what I use for my setup. A Lowel V-light (500w) for the background. A Lowel Rifa 55 (500w) for the talent's key light and a Lowel Pro light (250w) with diffusion for fill. It all can work on a single 15amp circuit with room left to power a monitor.

This is the gear I use because I already have it on hand. If you want to shoot under cooler temperatures then you should consider Kinos.

Mitch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]