FORUMS: list search recent posts

Daylight fluorescents by Savage Paper

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Schultz
Daylight fluorescents by Savage Paper
on Aug 2, 2005 at 12:32:12 am

Just downloaded the new catalog from Savagepaper.com and they have a whole range of inexpensive lights on page 2 - under 400 and they include the bulbs. But there are no specs listed.

Kurt

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Daylight fluorescents by Savage Paper
on Aug 3, 2005 at 6:41:51 pm

I see the specs right next to each light!

Return to posts index

Kurt Schultz
on Aug 3, 2005 at 8:58:30 pm

What I meant was photometrics. Foot candle output at different distances. Especially the one with 24 lamps.

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
on Aug 5, 2005 at 6:42:22 pm

According to their literature, the photometric specifications aren't posted as definitive information due to the fact that the bulbs are subject to change.

On a related note, they actually used a blueprint that I designed for both my own lights and at least one other reseller. They are good quality, reliable and reasonably priced, but they don

Return to posts index

Kurt Schultz
on Aug 7, 2005 at 12:32:20 am

Michael,

I would definitely like to see your lights and get the photometrics too! The design is the same or similair to the Savage units?

Kurt

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
Re: Daylight fluorescents by Savage Paper.....
on Aug 19, 2005 at 8:08:01 pm

Kurt,
Sorry for the delay in a reply. It's been a mess around here. If you search back about a month or so ago, you can find the official photometric data at the time of approval of the final design. It's different depending upon the lamps chosen, but if you use the lamps that are sent out with it, the data is still accurate.
As far as the design, our lights are not like the Savage lights, but clearly the premise is similar. With the inclusion of E-26 bulbs the cost comes down exponentially and the flexibility for the "common man" is less costly making expansion realistic and affordable. I started my lights with a 4 bulb head that uses a unique bulb mounting scheme that amplifies the light and maximizes the actual fluorescent tube face. By mounting them in this way, we create a slightly brighter fixture with better long term continuity over a given period when compared to the

Return to posts index

Richard Davis
on Aug 8, 2005 at 8:35:46 am

I downloaded the catalog and checked the lights out. How do you know they are inexpensive though? There are no prices listed. Do you know where to see the prices?

Richard

Return to posts index

Kurt Schultz
on Aug 8, 2005 at 3:17:03 pm

Prices from Adorama are $330 for fl-556(6x55watt) and $370 for slf-24(24x24watt) Includes bulbs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]