FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inexpensive Color Balanced light bulbs for some lessons?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael
Inexpensive Color Balanced light bulbs for some lessons?
on Jun 30, 2005 at 9:37:51 pm

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm shooting with a Panasonic DVX-100 and would like to put together a SUPER inexpensive 3 light kit which I can use for some BASIC lighting tutorials. Is it possible to put color balanced florescents into those clamp on "home depot specials" as a way to mimic what kino-flos would look like? Please keep in mind I've never lit anything before and would like to spend under $150 just to get something together that will assist me in learning and experimenting with some very basic 3 lighting set ups.

What would you do in my shoes? Any ideas or suggestions? Any book recomendations?

Thank you,
Michael

PS- Where can I find color balanced bulb that will screw into a clamp on light fixture?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Decker
Re: Inexpensive Color Balanced light bulbs for some lessons?
on Jul 1, 2005 at 7:20:47 am

I'm not an "expert" so disregard this if you want, but.... videomaker magazine put out an article about lighting in last month's issue. It delt with those low budget specials too.

the article was called "Color Temperature Strategies" by Jim Stinson. He recomends a site which sells 5000k screw in fluorescent lights http://www.equipmentemporioum.com

The previous month also had a reference to building a cheap lighting set out of building contractor lights.

I think you should be able to pick up the back issues at your local libray or order them off the web.

gesamtkunstzwerk

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Jul 1, 2005 at 2:50:52 pm

Use what ever lights you want as long as they are the same temp.
Then just color balance your camera to the lights.

Return to posts index

Michael
on Jul 5, 2005 at 8:26:16 pm

Thank you both for the suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]