FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clean Audio with Generators

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dasfette
Clean Audio with Generators
on Jun 26, 2005 at 4:40:08 pm

Alright, got a somewhat simple question that I'm having trouble finding the answer to. I'm an independent filmmaker who's slowly becoming more professional based. It is my perogative to begin using extensive tungsten lighting throughout our shots, exteriors included. Some of these exteriors will require us to travel into the boondocks or out into the woods where powergrids are unavailable. Therefore, we will be forced into powering the lights via a generator (and probably a loud consumer one, due to cost restraints). I'm rightfully afraid that this will cause audio problems for us.

Now, a few questions: First, how do professionals usually power there lighting without dirtying the audio? Second, what suggestions do you have that I can do to eliminate the problem? Will a generator if it is placed far enough away really give us a lot of trouble?

We will be using a shotgun mic (either an Audio-Technica but hopefully a Sennheiser ME-66) ran into either an ADAT or a self-contained portable DAT. Thanks for all your time.

Thanks again,
Dustin Barrons

Return to posts index

David Jones
Re: Clean Audio with Generators
on Jun 27, 2005 at 1:14:45 pm

If you are going to purchase and not rent,
I would look for the quietest unit that would supply your power requirements.
I would also look for a unit that had crystal lock voltage output.
In worst case, there is always ADR.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]