FORUMS: list search recent posts

led lights?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james bannfield
led lights?
on May 21, 2005 at 2:28:36 am

Has anyone here have experience with these lights? What can you say good or bad (besides the price) about them?

http://www.litepanels.com/sales.html

JB

Return to posts index

Ken Zukin
Re: led lights?
on May 21, 2005 at 4:52:16 pm

Pluses: Soft, even, flattering light & daylight balanced.
Minuses: Not powerful enough, even weaker when gelled for tungsten, overpriced.
It's a new technology and Lite Panels may be the first offering. I'd wait till something better comes down the pike.
Ken

Return to posts index

emilyb
on May 26, 2005 at 12:41:18 pm

Yes but now they carry the larger ringlite and that looks interesting. The question is, how hoes it compare to the Kamio6? It looks to me like the Ringlite has more power at the same distance.

Return to posts index

Steve Cocklin
on Mar 2, 2008 at 1:46:05 pm

Sorry about re-surfacing this thread, but I’m currently in the market for a new on camera light for an upcoming HD documentary shoot in Africa. The Ring Light Mini has 45FC at 5 feet (daylight) and the Kamio with a daylight ring is 29FC at 3 feet so the Ring light mini is a stronger light however the Ring Light mini weighs 3.5 pounds and the Kamio weighs around 1 pound with lamp. The power consumption is 40W with the Ring light and 37W with the Kamio. The price difference between the two is considerable with the Ring light priced at around $3000 and the Kamio 6E at $900. I’m hoping to just fill out the face a tinny bit while doing hand held interviews outdoors with a camera light where all of the subjects will be dark skinned. Has anybody had any experience with either of the lights and could offer up some advice?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]