FORUMS: list search recent posts

jump a group of clips?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Shane
jump a group of clips?
on Jun 16, 2020 at 6:24:45 pm

Hi all,

I was originally a FCP 7 user back in the day and have been alternating between Avid and Premiere for a while now, but I still haven't figured out how to jump from one group of clips to another on the timeline in Avid. I like to group clips in themes on one stringout, and am looking for an easy shortcut to jump between themes (a shortcut that would take me to the start of the next chunk of clips). In FCP I could do this moving forwards and backwards. Is there a way in Avid? I'd prefer it to having to make individual sequences for each. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: jump a group of clips?
on Jun 16, 2020 at 8:13:22 pm

You can map the same commands in Avid, to the same keys used by FCP. I do this as I'm used to how FCP does this. Open the settings, then open KEYBOARD. Then go to the TOOLS menu and choose COMMAND PALLET. choose GO TO NEXT EVENT and GO TO PREVIOUS EVENT.

Map them to where you want.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jordan Shane
on Jun 17, 2020 at 1:26:12 am

Thanks so much for the response Shane. I've mapped a bunch of commands and have those mapped as well in order to move from clip to clip, but what I'm looking for is to jump from the beginning (or end) of one group of clips to the next group. (or one gap to the next) Does that make sense? Attaching a screen shot to try to clarify. Thanks again for your help!

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
on Jun 17, 2020 at 12:14:43 pm

If you use 'markers', then you can jump to next one, or name each marker according to the group of clips, keep up the list of markers, and jump to any named one.

Return to posts index

Jordan Shane
on Jun 17, 2020 at 3:43:35 pm

Thanks Juris, great idea for a workaround! Appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]