FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digitizing JUST video?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Digitizing JUST video?
on Jan 21, 2020 at 4:40:33 pm

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but...

I shoot a lot of MOS/ video only footage, yet when I link and, more importantly, when I transcode footage there does not appear to be an option to transfer just the video without the audio tracks. Then I'm left to continually have to turn off the audio tracks when placing shots into the timeline or delete them after shots are placed.

So my first choice would be a way to NOT transfer the audio and yes, I understand that the blank audio files are small in comparison to the video portion but I'd like to not have them at all.

My second choice would be a way to globally turn OFF the importation of audio into the timeline.

Thanx for any help with either of these.

Return to posts index

Joseph Fulton
Re: Digitizing JUST video?
on Jan 21, 2020 at 9:39:52 pm

If you are importing from files, what I usually do is:

1. Link the files
2. Drag the files into a Sequence
3. Delete the unnecessary tracks from the Sequence (sounds like you would like to delete all of the audio tracks)
4. Transcode the Sequence. This will create Master Clips with Video only.

(note: This is also a good way to remove unnecessary audio tracks before importing/transcoding. I sometimes get files that have 8 audio tracks, but I only need 1-4, so I delete 5-8 only in step 3.)

If you have already imported the files, there is a way to change the clips after importing with the Unlink/Relink and Modify Clip features.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jan 23, 2020 at 7:09:55 pm

Thanx, Joseph. Wish it were simpler but ood work-around.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 26, 2020 at 4:47:10 pm

Well the issue is you can't link to just some of the items in the clip...most (if not all programs are going to work this way), so yes, at some point you have to tell Avid what you want to keep.

Selecting all the clips, and pressing autosequence...then deleting the audio tracks before transcodeing should take you all of an extra 10-20 seconds per sequence.

The other option of unlink, modify and relink takes longer, and you would still have the audio media on your box...it just woundn't be visible. You would then have to go to your media folder and delete all the audio if you really wanted to clean it up further.

the pre transcode sequence is a much easier method.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jan 27, 2020 at 7:02:06 pm

Great! Thanx, Glenn. Good time-saving solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]