FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blue waveform in source monitor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gape
Blue waveform in source monitor
on Jan 2, 2020 at 9:59:21 am

Hi, apologies if this is a basic question but I'm migrating my skills from Premiere and FCP to learn more about Avid and so I'm still at the beginners stage. I know how to edit audio in the timeline through switching to source/record but I'm trying to find out if it's normal that I should see a big pixelated blue waveform in the source monitor everytime I load in some audio?

Not sure if the image below posts correctly so here's a link instead:

https://imgur.com/gallery/kIYQUTf

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Blue waveform in source monitor
on Jan 2, 2020 at 1:34:41 pm

Yes, that is normal and has been this way since the original Avid/1 Media Composer released in December of 1989. It is only an icon representing the fact that it is an audio-only clip (and for historical trivia, the waveform is the word f**k) and has no bearing on the actual waveform presentation of the clip at that point in time. It has been a really long-time feature request to do more, even something like what is available in Source Settings, but no change yet. Switching the source/record is the workaround as you've discovered.

Michael

Return to posts index

Chris Gape
on Jan 2, 2020 at 2:18:45 pm

Hi Michael, thanks for you reply. Are there any options in Avid to change it or turn it off in the source monitor?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 2, 2020 at 2:23:26 pm

There are not. ☹

Michael

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jan 2, 2020 at 9:07:52 pm

Flabbergasted. I have never ever seen that blue thing in the Source monitor. Nor do I see it when I load an audio-only clip in a project with fresh user settings...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 3, 2020 at 10:02:52 pm

I believe Job is right and I did not want to be misleading - the blue/black waveform is only in the bin thumbnail view and not in the Source monitor when loading an audio-only source clip. Now why it shows up in your source monitor is quite the mystery.

Michael

Return to posts index

paul grote
on Jan 7, 2020 at 10:48:26 am

I have the same issue. When you know how to fix it let me know;)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 7, 2020 at 6:38:41 pm

Just went back into MC, latest version and also see the blue waveform in the source monitor:

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]