FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relink multi-cam sequence to original source 4k files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angie Vargos
Relink multi-cam sequence to original source 4k files
on Dec 2, 2019 at 12:29:04 am

I am working in Media Composer 11.19.0 on an UHD (4k) multi-cam edit project, but am currently unable to get my test proxy sequence to relink to the original source footage.

Here is my workflow thus far:

I AMA-linked to the original source 4k footage, set a Disk Label for all the clips, then transcoded the footage to DNxHR-LB files, set up my Multicam groups, and edited a short test sequence. I then 'committed' my Multicam edits and attempted to relink to the original source files. However, Avid continues to relink to the proxies.

I tried a variety of combinations in the relink dialogue box - as suggested by other Creative Cow forums on this issue (ie - choosing "Relink to: Any video format" and "Relink method: Highest quality", deselecting 'match case names', choosing 'disk label' as the 'relink by' method, etc.), but it continues to link to the proxies.

I also tried adding an 'x' in front of my Avid MediaFiles folder to force the proxies offline, then attempted to relink, as well as to relink to "Selected items in all open bins", but the files still would not relink.

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Angie Vargos
Re: Relink multi-cam sequence to original source 4k files
on Dec 2, 2019 at 1:03:26 am

Nevermind! Just solved it!
My AMA files had gone offline - whoops & duh!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]