FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking to backup drive?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Bodossian
Relinking to backup drive?
on Sep 16, 2019 at 6:29:29 am

Hello!

I finished an offline edit, but the hard drive containing the 4k footage I linked into Avid malfunctioned. I have a backup hard drive with all the 4k footage, but I can't figure out how to relink to it. At the top of the relink window I selected this particular drive but it didn't work. Can someone, for the love of God, please help me. Thank you in advance!

-Stephen

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Relinking to backup drive?
on Sep 16, 2019 at 4:10:00 pm

Just treat it like new footage you want to link to.
Create a bin,go to the drive, depending on folder structure you might have to go a folder level or two down, and use media browser to start creating your links. It should be the same process s your original linking from your original drive.

Once complete you should see your original links are now back online. (You kept your original links right?)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Stephen Bodossian
on Sep 16, 2019 at 5:24:57 pm

Hey Glenn, thanks for the reply.

Yes I still have the original linked files in my bins. I'm sorry I think I need it broken down to me like I'm a five year-old. The process I was doing was right-clicking on the sequence and then clicking "relink". What exactly is the way you're saying to do it?

Thank you,
Stephen

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 16, 2019 at 5:34:14 pm

Are your original linked clips online or offline?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Stephen Bodossian
on Sep 16, 2019 at 5:41:44 pm

Offline.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 16, 2019 at 6:04:52 pm

Ok, so get them online. Do what I wrote in the first post. Treat this like you have a brand new drive you want to link to. Create a bin, and link to the files using the source browser.

Once those are in, your original links should also be online. Avid will now know where those files are living.

Then try to relink using the selected items in open bins method. Well documented in these forums.

Here is one example here.
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/45/909282

Glenn

Return to posts index

Stephen Bodossian
on Sep 16, 2019 at 6:09:31 pm

Thank you Glenn!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]