FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer License - use with different account?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anja Seffer
Avid Media Composer License - use with different account?
on Jun 17, 2019 at 12:34:58 pm

Dear all,

I'm a newbie not only to this forum but also to Avid so please excuse any stupid questions that might occur. Also checked the other threads and couldn't find the following issue answered. So here it is:

I got an Avid Media Composer liscense by my producer that he bought through his Avid account. Can I use this lisence through my own account?
Atm, the activation through the Avid app on my computer (WIN10) fails cause the liscence apparently hasn't been deactivated on the other computer yet ("101 activation failed, seat count failed system ID: ....").

However, when I try to add this lisence to my myavid-account, it fails, too. Same reason? Error code here is "the code you provided is invalid."

I'd have to wait a week more or so until sb can sign Avid out on the other computer. Would be nice to know beforehand if it's possible at all to work with Avid under my own account using an activation code that has been generated with from a different account.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best, Anja

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Media Composer License - use with different account?
on Jun 17, 2019 at 6:24:06 pm

[Anja Seffer] "I got an Avid Media Composer liscense by my producer that he bought through his Avid account. Can I use this lisence through my own account?"

No, you'll have to sign in to his account, and then input the license there to activate and use the license they bought.

[Anja Seffer] "Atm, the activation through the Avid app on my computer (WIN10) fails cause the liscence apparently hasn't been deactivated on the other computer yet ("101 activation failed, seat count failed system ID: ....")."

They they need to deactivate it on their end, before you can activate it on yours. You can't use one license on two computers simultaneously.

[Anja Seffer] "
However, when I try to add this lisence to my myavid-account, it fails, too. Same reason? Error code here is "the code you provided is invalid.""

The license is tied to HIS account. You'll need to log in to HIS account, and then activate the license.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Anja Seffer
Re: Avid Media Composer License - use with different account?
on Jun 17, 2019 at 7:56:37 pm

Okay. Bad news for me but good to know it now. Thanks for the fast reply, Shane!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]