FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid offline medias

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luna Restrepo
Avid offline medias
on Feb 23, 2019 at 3:51:21 am

Hi everyone!

It has been a while I am using avid but It always has been a difficult software for me to understand.

My issue is that my computer was dead so I copied the whole project on my external drive and now that I open it on a new computer, every file is offline.

I tried to relink everything, choosing the external drive, but nothing is relinked. I tried as well another options proposed in forum which was to clean the omfi folder or avid media folder, but it seems that neither of those folder exist... I will link to pictures so that maybe you could help me.

Thank you so much for everything, I am really worried here...

Best,

Luna

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Avid offline medias
on Feb 23, 2019 at 11:33:06 am

Well, if there is no Avid Mediafiles directory, how did you get your clips in?
Where are the originals clips?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Luna Restrepo
on Feb 23, 2019 at 3:08:00 pm

The original clips are in another folder. I did not import them but I "linked to media". The folders are in the same drive and they don't relink.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Feb 23, 2019 at 3:46:57 pm

In that case, relink to them again, the bins you have 'should' update then.

You might want to read the manual.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 23, 2019 at 5:43:22 pm

create a new bin, put new links to your media in that new bin. This should update your original links, and you could then safely delete this new bin.

your screen shot only shows some subclips and sequences, non of the master clips, so we are assuming you did indeed link to the original source material. (You stated at the onset that you didn't really understand Avid, so we are assuming your understanding of linking media is correct.) If you are using linked media, you can't just hit the relink tab in avid and have it relink all your linked media. That isn't how it works...although that would be wonderful.

That relink tab is essentially to relink databases to their media.
If you right click on a linked item you may get the option to relink to files, depending on the media type.

I find simply creating new links is the easiest way to kick start the system.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]