FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Gandour
Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633
on Feb 15, 2019 at 4:24:39 am

Is there a shortcut to importing audio from Sound Devices 633 folder structure?
Instead of being able to import files from a whole day, it seems I have to click into each scene/set-up one by one.
(a) This is annoying. (b) I fear I'm losing metadata? .... Any tips???
AS WELL — audio file names all come into Avid with slashes — then I have to go through and change to underscores. This seems preposterous... someone out there must know a workaround?? THANKS ALL !!!

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
Re: Importing Audio from Sound Devices 633
on Feb 15, 2019 at 5:24:40 am

If you import from the menu inside of Media Composer, you should be able to open up each folder to see the files inside multiple folders at once. Then you can select all and it will not select folders, just the audio files and you can import files from different folders at the same time.

And I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about the slashes. Your synced clip names won't have them. Don't take my word for this since I usually get my dailies prepped at a facility... but audio files from the sound mixer always come in with a slash. Now I have had to go back to original audio and did change the slash for anything I cut into the edit, but not for sound that was synced into a clip. (If that makes any sense. Basically, I did make sure no slashes showed up in the timeline, but didn't worry about slashes in the original audio clip if I didn't cut it in directly.)

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Feb 15, 2019 at 11:03:32 am

To add:
Avid does NOT use the filename as name in the bin.
Instead, it uses Scene and Take from the metadata inside the files.
If it looks like the filename that is only because the file has been named to the Scene / take.
(Try it, rename a file and re-import, the name in your Avid bin will not reflect the new name.)

To relink it 'should' use the UMID inside the metadata. (That is a unique number, guaranteed not to exist twice in the universe.)

Now, since I'm currently developing a BWF application, can you tell me how the folder structure from a Sound Devices recorder is?
(I know a lot about BWF files, but very little about recorders.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Feb 15, 2019 at 7:31:31 pm

Additionally, if you need to know what folder the sound file came from to keep them organized in the Avid, you can have the bin show the Source Path column and see what folder it lives in on the HDD and organize accordingly inside MC.

Return to posts index

Molly Gandour
on Feb 15, 2019 at 8:31:46 pm

Thank you!! So helpful!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]