FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer 2018 Jump To Marker

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Figueroa
Media Composer 2018 Jump To Marker
on Jan 27, 2019 at 7:06:45 pm

Hello,

I'm an editor that actually relies on markers; as opposes to sub-clips, for editing. Its a system that has worked for me for many years. One of my favorite things to do was to open a Markers List Window, scroll to the desired Marker, hit Enter and that would automatically take me to the Marker's position. This function is no longer available in the latest Avid. I have to double click on the marker to achieve this function. In the scheme of things its only a mildly inconvenience but I'm a keyboard shortcut freak.

I was wondering if anyone had found a workaround this issue that would enable the ability again to jump to a Marker by simply hitting Enter on your keyboard?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Media Composer 2018 Jump To Marker
on Jan 28, 2019 at 7:11:24 am

Double clicking will jump to that marker in the timeline. And when I press ENTER, it opens up the MARKER DIALOG window, and brings me there. Running 2018.8. What about you?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gabriel Figueroa
Re: Media Composer 2018 Jump To Marker
on Jan 28, 2019 at 5:52:32 pm

I'm running Media Composer 2018.12

In Media Composer 8, which is what I had before, just hitting enter would do what you described. Open the dialog box and jump to that location. Now it just opens the dialog box but doesn't jump to that location.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]