FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem when linking AAF project exported from Davinci

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonatan Veramendi
Problem when linking AAF project exported from Davinci
on Jan 18, 2019 at 2:14:14 pm

Hi, I'm trying to do the coloring workflow using AAF between Avid and Davinci, I have no problems when exporting AAf from Avid (see image of my settings) at the time of Coloring and export again as AAF from Davinci I have no problems either (see image ), the problem is in the avid 8.5, I manage to import the AAF in the bin but I get the videos in "offline media" and I can not find a way to link them. Neither with relink nor Batch import works.

One solution was copying the videos that the davinci created and paste them in the media drive (C) or where all the imported videos are stored, but I remember that before I linked it without any problem.

I do not know if it's a problem of Avid or Davinci settings, I'm waiting for your help.

* The videos that are worked from Avid are in 29.97, I do not know if it has something to do, since in the davinci I also work with the timeline.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Problem when linking AAF project exported from Davinci
on Jan 18, 2019 at 2:36:12 pm

When you exported from Resolve there should be an AAF folder created.
I usually drag all that in a new numbered folder under Avid MediaFIles > MXF before starting up Avid.
Open Avid and let it rebuild the database, then find the AAF file and just drag and drop that into a new bin.
Its not a clean process trust me :P

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 18, 2019 at 2:38:52 pm

Are you using the Resolve roundtrip preset? I prefer to manually export my AAF from Resolve once I have rendered my color corrected media. Also not you can't make any editorial changes with this workflow, only color correction.

I right click sequence in Resolve, select: timeline/export/(AAF, XML, EDL) and proceed form there. DO NOT select "generate new AAF" in the workflow.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Jan 21, 2019 at 6:04:03 pm

You need to render new media in Resolve, THEN generate the AAF. If you didn't do things in that order, try doing that and see if it solves the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]