FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer perpetual licence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Juig
Media Composer perpetual licence
on Nov 28, 2018 at 12:33:43 am

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing Avid Media Composer perpetual license with 1 year subscription (with all the updates and support).

After the period of 1 year, I assume I will be able to continue using the license, but with the latest update that I got before the expiration of subscription?

Also, if I change the computer after my subscription expires, will I be able to transfer the perpetual license to another computer? Or rather: Will I be able to change the computer to which the license is linked to infinite times after the subscription expires?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Media Composer perpetual licence
on Nov 28, 2018 at 1:30:15 am

Media Composer may be installed on as many computers as you like, but only used on one at any given time. You have to de-activate and re-activate the license to go from one computer to another. This is done through the Avid desktop manager application that you use for updates, options, etc.

At the end of the first year of support, your Avid software continues to work just fine, including moving to other computers. However, in order to continue receiving more software updates, you will need to purchase support for the next year. Otherwise, you are locked into that last version.

You cannot let a year lapse. IOW, if you skip a year and then want to pay for support again to get current updates, you would have to purchase a new, full license at that time. In that case, you would end up with two versions of Media Composer, each with a separate valid license. HTH.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
Re: Media Composer perpetual licence
on Nov 28, 2018 at 2:53:25 am

You couldn't have been clearer. Thank you so much for replying!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]