FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need LUT for Red Camera footage delivered as Pro Res files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dudley Saunders
Need LUT for Red Camera footage delivered as Pro Res files
on Nov 14, 2018 at 8:29:54 pm

The DP said, your LUT is Red Dragon Color 2 Gamma 4 - but it turns out those instructions were for someone editing on Premiere.

I'm working with Pro Res files, not the original R3Ds, but damned if I can find a LUT that is the Avid equivalent. Does anyone know of one somebody has made? The Sony 4 LUT in my Avid is semi-close, and I may just end up color correcting from there. But these files are going to keep coming and I'd really like to keep this simple.

Thanks,

Dudley Saunders
PBS Socal/KCET/LinkTV

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Need LUT for Red Camera footage delivered as Pro Res files
on Nov 14, 2018 at 9:08:03 pm

If your footage needs a specific look the DP should be providing it, or your colorist, or DIT. Especially if they shot for a particular LUT.

That said, Red Dragon Color 2 Gamma 4 are settings you would use in the Red Raw tab of your NLE or color program. If you were given ProRes files there's not really a way to apply those settings.

Whoever gave you the ProRes files should have baked those settings in for you, or you will need to get the original Red files and set them yourself, then transcode to ProRes or DNxHD for your edit.

When you go the ProRes files, did you get any more information on how those files were created and the settings they used on the original media?

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]