FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping Clips with Camera starts and stops possible now?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Grouping Clips with Camera starts and stops possible now?
on Nov 13, 2018 at 7:17:25 am
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on Nov 13, 2018 at 7:23:26 am

I've got some footage that has 14 cameras with 5 of them starting and stopping throughout the long (1hr+) clip. Can Avid now group these in leaving black between the camera start/stops? I haven't been able to get it done properly but someone is saying they are certain there's a way to do it.

Or is Multigroup what I need to do? I've never used Multigroup so I'm not sure what its purpose is. I tried doing it but it definitely didn't do what I need as it didn't build the groups out to match the continuous timecode of the clip, there were lots of overlapping sections. I found an old post on here about making a sync map (I think that's what it was called) and exporting to Plural Eyes and doing something and then making an AAF to bring back into Avid. It didn't say anywhere why this is done and what it accomplishes so I have no idea if it would help me or if that it still necessary.

Here is a pic of the timeline I have built using the group that I could make with the 9 cameras and the other 5 cut in sync above in case I can't group them together, so you can see what the other camera start/stops look like. I already have made sync clips of all of these with the same wav file.

Is there anything I can do to add in these 5 cameras into a group clip with the other 9 cameras?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Grouping Clips with Camera starts and stops possible now?
on Nov 13, 2018 at 10:51:08 pm

[Nina Lucia] "I've got some footage that has 14 cameras with 5 of them starting and stopping throughout the long (1hr+) clip. Can Avid now group these in leaving black between the camera start/stops? I haven't been able to get it done properly but someone is saying they are certain there's a way to do it."

You'll have to build a sync map, but then yes, you can make a multiclip from that sequence....in the 2018.12 update due out December 31. You can also add angles you accidentally left out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Nov 14, 2018 at 6:05:12 pm

Yeah, that looks very tedious and the tutorial I saw didn't really seem to say why or where/how all that subclipping is happening.

We also don't have Plural Eyes, so we're just going to skip it unless that Group It For Me thing Trevor mentioned in his reply works!

Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Nov 14, 2018 at 8:44:05 am

Multigroup builds groups of groups but only really works in studio type recordings.

For now build a sync map & manually make seperate groups or use groupitforme

Or wait for NYE & try out 2018.12

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Nov 14, 2018 at 6:05:43 pm

That looks genius! Gonna give it a try, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]