FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH4...I know this has been answered before but...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve Vease
GH4...I know this has been answered before but...
on Oct 12, 2018 at 1:38:05 pm

thanks for taking the time to answer a question that has been answered here in the past...I just couldnt find the thread...

I am a DP who shot on a GH4 for as a gimbal camera. Shot in AVCHD 1080...shot 24p...60/24p for Slo Mo in camera.

After reading some threads I see the AVCHD...is..well...it sucks...I did not know this ahead of time...

I have gave it to a post house who cannot get it into their Avid...or Premier without the footage looking choppy.

I, myself can see footage off the card in QT...it runs smooth...no Chop or Jitter...on my 5 yr old macbook

I have dumped the footage into a new Imac with FCPX and I can see it smoothly...

So this production company editor and the person who transcoded it cannot get it to work in there house on Avid or Premier.

As the DP I am getting the blame...even though I can see this footage on my mac in QT and on a Imac at another location...

Can someone please give me a answer on how they can get this footage in for their edit....and I can clear my good name

Thank you

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: GH4...I know this has been answered before but...
on Oct 12, 2018 at 5:48:16 pm

Transcode your footage into a QT format you can give them...DNxHD 175x, or ProRes 422. Resolve will do this, so will EditReady. Or Export out of FCX as ProRes 422.

Now...60p/24p, for "in camera slow motion." Do they want the footage at 24p slowed down, or as 60p so they can play at normal speed, and slow if they need it?

What version of Avid are they running? If an old old version, then it's not your fault their machine can't import footage from a newer camera properly.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

steve Vease
Re: GH4...I know this has been answered before but...
on Oct 15, 2018 at 7:12:41 pm

Thank you for the information.

I am more of a DP than a editor. I was able to see this in FCPX ad QT...and make ProRes files myself.

I do not know why their editor and the person ingesting the video for their system cannot figure this out.

Its not a small post house.

Thank you for your help with this...I am off to transcode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]