FORUMS: list search recent posts

mixer groups - what are they for?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
mixer groups - what are they for?
on Oct 4, 2018 at 10:01:50 am

I've been searching online for a tutorial or an article about the mixer groups with no luck, so thought I'd ask the question here

I was poking around in the mixer tool and came across the tracks and groups panel on the left side for the first time (no idea how long that's been there) but I just can't work out what it's useful for? I immediately assumed it would be a way to group tracks together to quickly mute/solo or adjust levels of certain track groups (these would all be very useful) but after taking the time to set up the groups I wanted (all,sync,fx,music,vo) all it seems to let me do is select those tracks (no different to selecting them in the timeline with a shift+click+drag which is probably quicker).

Can anyone shed any light on what mixer groups are good for?

cheers,
joe

Return to posts index

Joseph Fulton
Re: mixer groups - what are they for?
on Oct 5, 2018 at 7:07:15 pm

Think of it as a set that is being displayed. When I bring it up, it the first 4 tracks (1-4). Clicking Group makes it go to tracks 5-8.

Alternatively, you can change the Amount of tracks shows by clicking on the #, and it will display more tracks. Some like to have a small window, so the Group button is a way to go to other tracks to make adjustments.

Return to posts index

joe kaye
Re: mixer groups - what are they for?
on Oct 8, 2018 at 9:40:17 am

thanks joseph, I think I know what you mean but that's not the part of the audio mixer I'm talking about, and actually I couldn't tell you when they went but the 4/8/16 track view toggle button isn't in my audio mixer at all (along with the button to switch between the track sections)

My audio mixer has collapse traignle icons along the left side for showing/hiding things like group buttons, pan controls, insert effects etc. The icon at the top reveals a panel on the left with 2 sections labelled tracks (at the top) and groups (below).

It's this part of the mixer I'd like to know more about - I'd love to know what people use these groups for (or even where there's some documentation about this part of the mixer - there's nothing in the manual)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]