FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid option to: Relink to AMA file(s)...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin brown
Avid option to: Relink to AMA file(s)...
on Sep 21, 2018 at 3:02:29 pm

Please help, I was able to AMA link about 70 low res video files. After I completed the cut or sequence and before i transcode the timeline, I tried to AMA re-relink the low res files to the high res original file, by going to the bin highlighting the files, right clicking and selecting the option to “Relink to AMA File(s)...” it’s interesting it only allow me to select ONE file from the folder to relink to the high res footage! MY QUESTION is how come I’m only able to select ONE file to relink at a time. I want to select multiple file!

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Avid option to: Relink to AMA file(s)...
on Sep 22, 2018 at 10:09:12 am

That's not how Avid AMA workflows work. We don't relink master clips. We relink tge final sequence.
Plenty of posts of the correct workflows.
But the key here is to test and ensure the workflow works with some sample media before starting tge main edit.
In brief (find a detailed guide online) AMA tge equipped hi res sources to a new bin. Then relink the sequence using the to selected open bins option.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid option to: Relink to AMA file(s)...
on Sep 22, 2018 at 4:43:20 pm

I haven't upgraded past 2018.5, but typically if I select a bin of offline links, and select the "relink to files" tab, yes it only asks for 1 file, but it will relink to all files in that folder If they are present in the bin as well.

I think your screenshot might be from an earlier version, as I do seem to recall around V7 having the same complaint...but you can now relink to multiple clips at once.

1 caveat. Sometimes the "relink to files' option is available, sometimes it isn't. I have not been able to figure out why that is (or isn't) the case.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]