FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set Pan On Track - In/Out

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maggie Brunner
Set Pan On Track - In/Out
on Sep 20, 2018 at 7:39:41 pm

Hello,

I am trying to use the Set Pan On Track - In/Out command in the hamburger menu in the Audio Mixer, however, it is not giving me that option. Instead, it says "Filter Pan On Track - In/Out" which does not seem to do what I need it to do. Has anyone else experienced "Set Pan" being replaced with "Filter Pan" in the hamburger menu?

My tracks are set to stereo. I'm in Avid 8.8.5.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Set Pan On Track - In/Out
on Sep 20, 2018 at 8:17:18 pm

I'm on 2018.3...and I see it in the mixer hamburger menu...second in the list. You don't have that? I don't even see a FILTER PAN option. Is there a filter on the audio clips in that track?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Maggie Brunner
on Sep 20, 2018 at 9:13:58 pm

Not in the sequence I'm working in. I had removed all the filters.

I think I've narrowed it down to a project issue. If I open another project, "Set Pan" is back. I am able to open the bin I need in that project and "Set Pat On Track - In/Out" on my sequence, so I have a workaround.

However, the projects are identical--as far as I can tell. They were made the same way, with the same project and user settings, which keeps me questioning why the audio mixer will only let me "Filter Pan" in one and "Set Pan" in another.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Sep 20, 2018 at 11:41:56 pm

The mixer has three modes "Clip", "Live" and I believe "Auto" if it's set to Live then you will get the "Filter..." choices you are seeing. Switch it back to Clip and you should then see the Set Pan In/Out choices you are looking for.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Maggie Brunner
on Sep 21, 2018 at 11:09:33 pm

That is the solution! I had it on Auto. Thank you so much Brent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]