FORUMS: list search recent posts

Operation not Supported error when trying to export aaf for pro tools to my external hard drive.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holder
Operation not Supported error when trying to export aaf for pro tools to my external hard drive.
on Sep 19, 2018 at 7:16:40 pm
Last Edited By Michael Holder on Sep 19, 2018 at 7:17:41 pm

Please HELP! I get an 'Operation not Supported error' when trying to export aaf for pro tools to my external hard drive. I've tried everything. I have a mac by the way. What can I do?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Operation not Supported error when trying to export aaf for pro tools to my external hard drive.
on Sep 19, 2018 at 7:56:56 pm

OK, need more specifics here, sorry.

FIrst off, did you duplicate your sequence and strip out all the video, leaving only audio tracks? Very important not to include video files with this AAF.

And did you consolidate with handles to the external drive, THEN do the AAF, or are you trying to do an embedded AAF?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
Re: Operation not Supported error when trying to export aaf for pro tools to my external hard drive.
on Sep 19, 2018 at 9:20:23 pm

Hello, yes I have deleted the video tracks. I am trying to embed in AAF. Also I am trying to Consolidate. When i try the other options like - Link to (dib export) media, Copy All Media it works.But consolidate doesnt

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 19, 2018 at 10:16:15 pm

OK, are you going...

FILE>OUTPUT>EXPORT TO FILE...and then in the window that appears, in the EXPORT SETTING, choosing EXPORT TO PROTOOLS?

Then in that window, make sure AAF is the EXPORT AS...and that AAF EDIT PROTOCOL is checked off. And then uncheck ALL VIDEO AND DATA TRACKS...only have ALL AUDIO selected, and then CONSOLIDATE MEDIA.

Oh, you said you tried CONSOLIDATE MEDIA and that didn't work...but the other options did. Hmmm....

Consolidate the sequence first (only audio)...and then do the AAF and COPY ALL MEDIA from the consolidated sequence?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]