FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Attic Recovery - please tell me what I'm missing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Avid Attic Recovery - please tell me what I'm missing
on Aug 24, 2018 at 7:46:01 pm

I’ve done something really stupid and compounded the problem by quitting, thereby removing my un-dos.

I’m following Steven Cohen’s third edition of Avid Agility to try and recover from the attic. (Alhough I’m using 8.8.3 on a Mac.)

The book says:
Locate the bin you’re looking for in the attic, making sure that current copy of the bin is closed. (Got it.)
Then copy the bin from the Attic to your desktop. (Got it.)
Double click the copy. It will open in MC with its name displayed in italics. (It doesn’t — it simply opens the file in the finder with a lengthy list of (bin name), audio.# (In my case 7 to 56.)

NO .avb files, just the audio.# files.

WHAT am I doing wrong and WHAT am I missing here??? Must be something obvious because I’ve done a restore from the Attic — and had it work — before.

Please help me save my 2 weeks of work. I’m getting desperate and REALLY don’t want to re-start this from scratch.

THANX!!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Attic Recovery - please tell me what I'm missing
on Aug 24, 2018 at 9:03:04 pm

You need to change the name of the file...change the number to ".avb" So if it's CURRENT_CUT.13...change it to CURRENT_CUT.avb. That makes it an Avid Bin.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 24, 2018 at 10:19:00 pm

Steve Cohen's book was written before the changes to the attic.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Aug 25, 2018 at 8:39:01 am

Locate the project named folder in the attic.
The attic doesn't store projects only a folder named for each project.
In that project named attic folder there is a bins folder and tgen a folder for each bin that has an attic saved for it.
Based on saved settings each bin folder saves a set number of copies. Each saves increases the suffix number and the lowest number when the save number is reached is deleted.
Locate the highest number (or an earlier one I'd required). Copy to the desktop.
Rename the file by adding .avb to the end leave the number as an indication it's a recovered bin.
Copy it to the actual project folder and open MC.
That bin and the original can't be open at the same time. If you need to have both open make a new bin and copy the recovered bins contents to that new bin then delete the recovered bin.
And remember that attic was one save back from the last saved bin.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Aug 26, 2018 at 9:09:24 pm

THANK YOU GUYS!

Don't know why bins now have .# instead of .avb, but at least it WORKS!!

Again, THANK YOU!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]