FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media consolidation/Round tripping in MC

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Boonstra
Media consolidation/Round tripping in MC
on Aug 16, 2018 at 12:43:58 am

So I've done some searching and come up empty. Lots of tangentially related posts but....

We're trying to copy a project and associated media from a shared server that has multiple overlapping projects (with many more files on it than the portion that I want) to an external hard drive so that I can take it home and edit with it and then bring it back and relink them again on the server, etc. It seems like this should be able to be accomplished with Consolidate/Transcode but we're finding that no matter what settings we use, "Consolidate" actually creates new media files with new names, rather than just copying the already existing MXF files and linking to those. This seems to make relinking impossible when trying to go back to the server. Is there a way to do the same thing you can do very easily in every other NLE I've worked with and just use Avid to quickly copy footage from one location to the other? Or do we have to do it manually every time by "revealing file" and then copying it over at the finder level?

It seems like the latter is true at this point from searching the issue, but I haven't found anything definitive and it seems mindblowingly absurd that this feature would be missing from the "most professionalest" NLE, so I'm having trouble accepting it. ha. Any insight appreciated.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Media consolidation/Round tripping in MC
on Aug 16, 2018 at 3:21:49 am

“This seems to make relinking impossible when trying to go back to the server. “

No, it doesn’t. The clip names don’t matter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]