FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting .MTS files for AMA Linking

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin brown
Converting .MTS files for AMA Linking
on Aug 14, 2018 at 6:39:18 pm

Hello my issues is with .MTS files. I’m working from a storage cloud and need to convert these high quality .MTS files into low quality file. With the low quality files I want to ama link in Avid Media Composer, and cut a sequence. Next relink to the original .MTS files, and then transcode!

If I initially ama link to the original .MTS files it plays back choppy and jittery!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Converting .MTS files for AMA Linking
on Aug 14, 2018 at 7:48:42 pm

Do not convert the MTS files outside of Avid before AMA linking...if you want Avid to relink to the MTS files. No, AMA link to those MTS files...transcode right then and there to DNx36. Edit... Then relink back to the MTS files and transcode to higher quality DNxHR for finishing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

kevin brown
on Aug 15, 2018 at 3:22:34 am

Thanks for the help!

How would I be able to transcode to the cloud? Avid does not show my cloud drive.
Basically I’ll like to be able to edit on multiple devices at work and home. By transcoding I’ll only be able to work on one device because the transcoded files are in the MXF/1 folder correct?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 15, 2018 at 5:26:22 am

[kevin brown] "How would I be able to transcode to the cloud? Avid does not show my cloud drive."

You can't, sorry. The hard drive location needs to be locally attached at this time.

[kevin brown] "Basically I’ll like to be able to edit on multiple devices at work and home."

Then either bring the drive home and to work, or duplicate the media. If you duplicate media, and rendering you do in one location will have to be redone at the other.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

kevin brown
on Aug 16, 2018 at 1:12:04 am

Once again thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]