FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pressing Stop will not return to where I started playback

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandros Chrysidis
Pressing Stop will not return to where I started playback
on Aug 11, 2018 at 3:38:58 pm

Ok, very simple question. For Pro Tools users this is an option that you can turn on or off either by pressing the N key, or by selecting Preferences--> Operation --> Transport --> Timeline Insertion/Play Start Marker Follows Playback.
Since both Media Composer and Pro Tools are made by AVID I expect that such an option is available too in Media Composer.
So at the moment wherever I press stop during playback, the marker will stop there. But I would like it to return where I originally pressed Play. Is this available in Media Composer?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Pressing Stop will not return to where I started playback
on Aug 11, 2018 at 5:42:59 pm

Not to my knowledge.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Pressing Stop will not return to where I started playback
on Aug 17, 2018 at 12:03:28 pm

I think that would drive me crazy...stopping at an issue, having the playhead jump back 20 mins in time, and then having to go look for the clip I wanted to stop on.

Its actually one of the things about Resolve that drives me crazy...you have to continually deselect the clip you last selected, or the timeline keeps jumping to it when you do certain functions...drives me crazy...I stopped here for a reason.

If you want, I suppose you could add an inpoint when you hit play, hit stop, goto in...or loop playback the section you want to look at, and hit stop when the loop starts again.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]