FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multigroup Different Framerate to Project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Harris
Multigroup Different Framerate to Project
on Aug 6, 2018 at 3:45:29 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to create a MultiGroup out of clips which are 30FPS inside a 23.98 project but when I do this and playback I get an error which forces me to crash out of Avid. Does anybody have any advice or workarounds for this?

Cheers

Ben

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Multigroup Different Framerate to Project
on Aug 6, 2018 at 4:25:30 pm

perhaps create multigroups in a 30fps project and then open that work in your 23.98 project. This used to be the accepted way to process.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 6, 2018 at 8:10:14 pm

You can't group clips with different frame rates. Transcode on or the other to have matching sources.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ben Harris
on Aug 7, 2018 at 9:33:23 am

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the quick response. That makes sense but it doesn't seem to have worked for me. Just want to check my workflow against yours to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

I created a 30fps and brought all my clips for the MG into there and then MGed. Works fine in that project. I've then moved the bin into the 23.98 project and it will not play back at all unfortunately. Receiving this message;

'Group clip frame rate (30) does not match project frame rate (23.976). A group clip can be loaded only if it is the same rate as the sequence. Load the master clip or the sub clip instead of the group.'

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:53:42 am

This workflow worked for us with single clips. It sounds like it will not work for MG clips. Are part of your assets 23.98 or is this your final delivery fps? The only other way would be doing as Michael suggested if you must include 23.98 in your editing.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:56:17 am

Basically the same issue - your group clips is a different rate than the project rate. Personally, I thought this would have worked but it seems that MC is more restrictive than I thought. In this case, you would have to transcode the group clip to 23.976 selecting transcode to project rate and that should work. Frame rate conversion can be hit be hit and miss quality wise.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ben Harris
on Aug 7, 2018 at 6:10:19 pm

Yep. I think that's probably the best option however we have a large amount of footage to ingest and don't have the time. I think the best for us will be to sync cameras in a sequence and make our selects from there with all video / audio tracks.

Thanks for both your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]