FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Nitris DX not recognized but BM Decklink is in 2018.5 and Sierra

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Marginet
Avid Nitris DX not recognized but BM Decklink is in 2018.5 and Sierra
on Jun 23, 2018 at 7:29:17 pm

I just recently updated Avid to 2018.5 and even though the DX Drivers are installed and up to date MC only recognizes my BM Decklink Card. If I uninstall the BM Drivers MC sees the DX but as soon as I reinstall them it reverts back to the BM Card. What's even stupider is that Pro Tools works fine with either the DX or BM Card but not Avid. I must have the Decklink for Resolve and the DX is a must at the moment because I have a bunch of Tape Outputs to do with Closed Captioning.

I really don't want to keep installing and uninstalling the BM Drivers every time I need the Nitris DX.
I will be upgrading to High Sierra soon so hopefully it works properly there but I'm not crossing my fingers on that one.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Avid Nitris DX not recognized but BM Decklink is in 2018.5 and Sierra
on Jun 26, 2018 at 8:39:37 pm

We have found the solution.

Use EasyFind to locate an Open I/O driver named "OpenIO_Blackmagic.acf" in up to two locarions. Once located, right click on each one and "Reveal in Finder", then trash each one from the folder that it has opened. Easy Find won't directly trash it itself and you will have to type in your admin password in when trashing each one. Next Empty the Trash.

This is an issue that has only started in Sierra and High Sierra for us.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]