FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merge Correction with CC Effect

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sarfatty
Merge Correction with CC Effect
on Jun 22, 2018 at 5:14:56 pm

So here's my situation. We have different editors working on different segments that re-use a lot of the same footage. One set of timelines has been color corrected. I want to copy and paste the color correction from the other timeline into mine where there's similar footage being used.

Previously I was using markers to identify similar shots and dragging CC Effects into bins and it was TEDIOUS. I discovered this "Merge Correction" feature that comes with Symphony, that seems to do exactly what I want. Great! Don't have symphony but there's a free trial for the add on, so now I have the symphony features enabled.

Tried Merge Correction. Checked all the boxes. Nothing happens, no color correction comes across.

So it seems the problem is that the color correction in the other timeline was done WITHOUT the symphony option, so all the color correction is "CC Effect". If I go to the color corrected timeline, go to the CC Effect layer, copy the color correction to one of the buckets, remove the CC Effect layer of color correction, then re-apply it from the bucket to "Src Segment" layer, THEN do Merge Correction, the color correction comes across. But jeez that's more steps than my workflow from before.

So my question is:
A) Is there any way to get Merge Correction to move accross correction that was done in regular Media Composer as a "CC Effect"?
B) If not, is there any way to mass convert all the CC Effects to Src Segment corrections so that they will be available to Merge Correction?

Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]