FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing footage shot in portrait mode

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
Importing footage shot in portrait mode
on Jun 15, 2018 at 12:48:16 am
Last Edited By matt chapman on Jun 15, 2018 at 2:34:57 am

EDIT: I think I found the solution. So Initially I linked the media and then transcoded. If I skip that step and don't transcode "linked" media, but rather just straight import out of the source browser I seem to be good to go...WEIRD.

So I'm having difficulty understanding what's happening on this project.

I have a project that is HD 1920x1080.

Some of the footage that the client gave me is 1080 x 1920 (shot in portrait mode on a cell phone).

The frame rates are the same (23.976)

I want to be able to import/transcode the video at the original size (then I could play it in portrait and put a BG behind it).

If I simply "link" to the footage then the footage is stretched.

Is there any way to achieve this without making a whole second project at a different crop size and importing that into this one?

If you can transcode larger footage, why would it stretch smaller footage? It's concerning because I should know how to do this, sometimes I get smaller graphics and animations at various sizes as QTs with an alpha channel, I'd hate for those to stretch too!

Thanks!
MC

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Importing footage shot in portrait mode
on Jun 17, 2018 at 12:51:20 am

There are settings in Frame Flex after you Link to the media to deal with aspect ratio and reformatting.

If you choose to import rather than link, change your import settings to “Resize Image to Fit Format Raster”

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]