FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grouping clips to main camera

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly Buechel
Grouping clips to main camera
on May 30, 2018 at 2:47:51 pm

Hi all,
I have a two-camera shoot and the source timecodes do not match. The A cam ran for the entire action and the B cam was start/stopped many times. I'd like to group the B camera to my main A camera so I can multicam edit my sequence. Is there a way to change the timecode on the B cam so I can sync them or another way I can group them? The audio is pretty terrible and it didn't sync when I tried that.
For now, I have a sequence with the A cam on Track V1 and manually synced the B cam to Track V2. Can I use any of this work to help me group them?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Grouping clips to main camera
on May 30, 2018 at 4:50:03 pm

You need to make a "sync map" that builds the angles on a timeline, and then you make groups from that.

http://willblanksblog.blogspot.com/2014/05/how-to-multigroup_15.html

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on May 31, 2018 at 6:39:12 am

If the B cam was in ‘free run’ timecode then you can ‘auto sequence ‘ those clips to help build your sync map.

Or copy start to aux1 TC, work out offset between cameras then increment/decrement timecode?

If B cam was ‘Rec run’ TC then maybe the file creation time will get you close.

Once sync map is built check out ‘Group it for me’

Return to posts index

Holly Buechel
on May 31, 2018 at 7:13:07 pm

Here's an update:
So I put Auxiliary Timecode in the Auxiliary TC1 column I added for Cam B that matched the place it synced up for Cam A. I put the in point at the beginning of each clip. I also added Auxiliary TC for Cam A in the column (because it didn't do it without information in that field).
I highlighted all of my clips and selected Multigroup with Auxiliary TC1 for Sync Clips Using and it gave me a MultiGroup and a group for each Cam B clip I was syncing to Cam A. The weird thing is, the Multigroup has Cam A repeat everytime there is a Cam B. So my Cam A clip is 17 minutes long and the MultiGroup is 1hr 42min because I have 6 Cam B clips. And I have 6 groups that are 17 minutes long and each group only synced one of the Cam A clips.
I think I'm close, but can I get one Group that has my Cam A clip as one camera and Cam B clips as another camera?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]