FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delete audio track in sequence A, deleted all audio mix in a project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lena Gregorian
Delete audio track in sequence A, deleted all audio mix in a project
on Apr 16, 2018 at 6:33:25 am

Hello everyone,

I was grouping three cameras in a project with already mixed sound on other sequences.
When all the groups were on the timeline ive erased the unnecessary audio tracks.
Now I have a sequence if grouped clips.
The director called me and said all the audio mix she did with the editor within that and other projects, is gone, erased, leveled to one level.
Is it possible that by erasing audio tracks on a timeline of one sequence, all the audio mix in other sequences is erased as well?
If so isn’t it major bug? Seriously why have timelines connected like that between seq

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Delete audio track in sequence A, deleted all audio mix in a project
on Apr 16, 2018 at 8:34:33 am

[Lena Gregorian] "When all the groups were on the timeline ive erased the unnecessary audio tracks."

How? Just did a LIFT of them from the sequence? They are still in the group, right? So if you dumped ALL the tracks in the group in the sequence, that audio would be there, correct?

[Lena Gregorian] "s it possible that by erasing audio tracks on a timeline of one sequence, all the audio mix in other sequences is erased as well?"

ONly if you deleted the audio...meaning deleted the audio from the bin. If you just did a LIFT of that audio from the sequence, no, it wouldn't do this.

[Lena Gregorian] "If so isn’t it major bug? Seriously why have timelines connected like that between seq"

I've never heard of this one...timelines aren't connected like that. But if you did delete the audio from the bin, rather than just lifting the audio from the track in the sequence, that could cause this. How EXACTLY did you delete the audio?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lena Gregorian
on Apr 16, 2018 at 9:20:03 am

Hello Shane,
Thank you, as always for your thorough comments.

I didn't lift the "extra" audio tracks, but I right-clicked the audio track and chose "delete audio track", and is was deleted only from the sequence with the groups.
The groups had all the audio data inside, represented by two audio tracks, and I chose the correct track.

[Shane Ross] "I've never heard of this one...timelines aren't connected like that."

I don't think it's a real thing.... never heard of it either.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Apr 16, 2018 at 10:24:08 am

"delete audio track" will only remove that audio track with metadata from that sequence.
Nothing else should be affected, so if this is the case, something else has happened.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Lena Gregorian
on Apr 16, 2018 at 11:41:11 am

OK Thanks,

The director keeps insisting that I made the audio mix go away...
Another thing I did is "Auto-Sequence" for clips from each SD card, and than placed the sequences on one timeline for faster grouping by timecode.
Could the auto-sequence of the clips, possibly cause changes in audio mix?

Thanks!

P.S.
I'll write what I did exactly, it's a workflow I've been thought in my previous job (you don't have to read it):
1. three cards from three cameras
2. transcode the linked-AMA to offline res.
3. place each card with transcoded clips in a different bin - auto-sequence the clips that were rec-run (so they line up nicely) and hand insert the free-run clips.
4. have all the sequences in one sequence - this is the sequence I'm working on
5. place the clips lined up according to the clap (these are the transcoded clips I'm working with)
6. group - by inpoints
7. insert the grouped clip on top (erase-the red arrow) the current lined clips, erase the gaps.
8. delete the unnecessary tracks
9. the sequence is ready - multi-cam editing is now followed.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Apr 16, 2018 at 12:37:01 pm

again, if you did not touch the director's sequence, you're not to blame.
Perhaps a trip to the attic?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Lena Gregorian
on Apr 16, 2018 at 3:41:12 pm

Well, everything is solved.
Apparently the audio mixer has a menu (...) and if you toggle the "auto" option (which I didn't ☺ ) then it bypasses the mixed setup, if you toggle another option everything goes back as mixed.

Nice to know.

Thank you for your time!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:11:05 pm

HA! VINDICATED! Glad you figured it out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Arielle Amsalem
on Apr 26, 2018 at 8:13:52 pm

Hi Lena, I don't know if this has anything to do with what happened to your sequence, but I've noticed a few times with the new version of Media Composer that strange things are happening with my audio mixes. I spent two days mixing a cut only to find when I was screening with the directors that for some reason all the level adjustments on tracks A1-A3 were gone for the first 35 mins. Just reset to 0. Luckily in the attic I could retrieve a sequence where the mix was still there. This isn't the first time my mixes have disappeared with this version and I can't figure out what is triggering it.

Anyone else experiencing this? I feel like I'm losing my mind at times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]