FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer First - cannot see caption effect

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil McFarlane
Media Composer First - cannot see caption effect
on Mar 22, 2018 at 10:35:26 am

Hello, I've just installed Media Composer First and read the manual on how to add captions. It says:

"The SubCap effect is available from the Caption category in the Effect Palette."

When I click on the effect tab, cannot see anything related to caption. I've also tried searching effects for the search terms "title", "caption", "subcap", "subtitle", "text", but there are no results.

I assume I'm doing something stupid and the solution is blindingly obvious but I'm stuck.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Media Composer First - cannot see caption effect
on Mar 23, 2018 at 10:40:36 pm

Is the manual you are reading specific to MC first, or is it an MC manual? I'm surprised the subcap effect would be included in First...its a pretty scaled down version. The comparison chart doesn't specifically list subcap for First, but it doesn't specifically say it isn't included. The fact that you can't find it by a search in the effect palate tells me it isn't part of the package.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Neil McFarlane
Re: Media Composer First - cannot see caption effect
on Mar 24, 2018 at 9:50:22 am

Yes, it's the manual included with Media Composer First, stored in the program file folder at the following address:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Avid/Avid%20Media%20Composer%20First/Help/MCHelp.html#page/Help%2FSubCap.37.13.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]