FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there an efficient way to copy comments from subclips to the master clips counterparts?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Is there an efficient way to copy comments from subclips to the master clips counterparts?
on Mar 6, 2018 at 5:01:12 am

I'm working on a project that records dual system sound. Every batch of rushes comes in and is ingested, and then sunc to external audio files using auto-sync and source timecode.

One of the added advantages of this process is that the metadata that the sound recordist added on set with their recording equipment is preserved in the synced subclips that are created. A lot of the time this is slating information which is a great timesaver. The data shows up in the 'comments' column in the Avid bin.

While it is the synced subclips that will ultimately be used, I still retain the maser clips in the project and it would help if I could have all relevant metadata pertaining to a given clip be consistent across the project. That means I want the 'comments' field metadata that is automatically populated in the synced subclips, to be present in the master clips as well. Presently I have to copy and paste individually clip by clip (or batches of clips where comment information is the same across a consecutive batch). It'd be nice if, in the same way that subclips inherit changes made to metadata in parent master clips, the same could happen in reverse.

Is there a better way to do this than my copy and paste copy and paste copy and paste?

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Is there an efficient way to copy comments from subclips to the master clips counterparts?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 7:34:04 am

Nor done this for a while but you used to be able to export an ALE from a bin of your subclips and import it into your masterclass bin and merge the data. You'd need to test it first but that maybe worth a try.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]