FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam groups corrupted?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romana Cicova
Multicam groups corrupted?
on Dec 11, 2017 at 7:47:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I really hope there is someone out there who can help me figure something out.
We have several avid projects for each episode of mini series. I was going to pass rushes just for one of the episodes to one of out new editors. I've collected all the subclips needed for this episode in one bin and hit consolidate on an external hard drive, leaving all our master clips linked to original drive, which created .new files.

But that's when one of our editors started working on this episode, matched back a group clip from a sequence which took him to the bin with all the .new files instead of the scene bin and all his groups went offline.

No issues with any of them master clips or sub clips, but groups now seem to be referencing both our original media and .new, which makes avid crash and groups go randomly offline. A lot of these groups were cut into sequences so it's not just a question of creating new groups. This is the case for lots of groups throughout the episode (I think the pattern is that some groups were in the sequences in his cuts bin got affected). When I copy one of the sequences into a new bin a show reference clips, I can see some .new files in there as well even though that consolidating bin was moved out of the project and the drive with consolidated media is not plugged in.

Has anyone experienced something like this? We're running Avid v. 8.6.4 on OS 10.11.6 .

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]