I have about a dozen 2-camera interviews that have been edited (interviewer is cut out, along with coughs and sneezes). They were used for a previous film that was cut on FCP7 and now are being used for a new film on AVID. I don't want to attempt to recreate the edits as we already have transcripts made from the FCP7 ones.
I've attempted the following things but they don't work for me
1. Create the MXF Media by Linking to the files FCP 7 was using (PRHQ 1080 23.98) then transcode to MXF
2. Export an AAF out of FCP7 (not creating media just the reference options)
3. Import AAF into AVID and relink.
Problem: File name and TC match, but it won't relink to MXF media. Error message says it can't find anything
1. Export AAF from FCP7 to Davinci Resolve (not creating media just the reference options)
2. Tell Resolve to import the original PRHQ media and spit out an AVID AAF creating the MXF media
3. Import AAF and new MXF media into AVID
Problem: Resolve is spitting out completely new files for every edit in the AAF, instead of the full file and just adding the edits with the AAF. Files also come in offline.
I know I'm close, something just isn't clicking for me.
The best solution is to use AUTOMATIC DUCK PRO EXPORT. It will convert the video files to Avid media, and export an AAF that will import into Avid and relink to those files (you need to put them into the proper Avid media file structure).
Problem is that the plugin is no longer available. BUT...I have it, and before the author went to work for Adobe, he made unlicensed versions available for download...they are no longer up, but I have them. email me at comeback at mac dot com and I'll send it to you