FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating Sequences from FCP7 to AVID 8

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Gull
Migrating Sequences from FCP7 to AVID 8
on Nov 28, 2017 at 5:09:43 am

Hello,

I have about a dozen 2-camera interviews that have been edited (interviewer is cut out, along with coughs and sneezes). They were used for a previous film that was cut on FCP7 and now are being used for a new film on AVID. I don't want to attempt to recreate the edits as we already have transcripts made from the FCP7 ones.

I've attempted the following things but they don't work for me

Workflow 1
1. Create the MXF Media by Linking to the files FCP 7 was using (PRHQ 1080 23.98) then transcode to MXF
2. Export an AAF out of FCP7 (not creating media just the reference options)
3. Import AAF into AVID and relink.
Problem: File name and TC match, but it won't relink to MXF media. Error message says it can't find anything

Workflow 2
1. Export AAF from FCP7 to Davinci Resolve (not creating media just the reference options)
2. Tell Resolve to import the original PRHQ media and spit out an AVID AAF creating the MXF media
3. Import AAF and new MXF media into AVID
Problem: Resolve is spitting out completely new files for every edit in the AAF, instead of the full file and just adding the edits with the AAF. Files also come in offline.

I know I'm close, something just isn't clicking for me.

Resolve 14 Beta
AVID MC 8.9.3
Final Cut Pro 7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Migrating Sequences from FCP7 to AVID 8
on Nov 28, 2017 at 7:03:59 pm

The best solution is to use AUTOMATIC DUCK PRO EXPORT. It will convert the video files to Avid media, and export an AAF that will import into Avid and relink to those files (you need to put them into the proper Avid media file structure).

Problem is that the plugin is no longer available. BUT...I have it, and before the author went to work for Adobe, he made unlicensed versions available for download...they are no longer up, but I have them. email me at comeback at mac dot com and I'll send it to you

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jacob Gull
Re: Migrating Sequences from FCP7 to AVID 8
on Nov 29, 2017 at 12:45:44 am

Will do, thanks heaps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]