FORUMS: list search recent posts

60 fps footage - how to import Zoom sound?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Pearl
60 fps footage - how to import Zoom sound?
on Nov 25, 2017 at 3:42:44 am

HI,

I have a student who's shot some footage at 1080 60 fps and set and wants to sync it to sound they've recorded on a Zoom recorder.

When she imports the sound, she gets a window asking her what frame rate to import the sound.

I'm assuming she created and imported the footage in a 60 fps project.

I'm not familiar with this issue. CAn anyone help?

thanks,
Rachel

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: 60 fps footage - how to import Zoom sound?
on Nov 25, 2017 at 9:45:20 pm

Is there real timecode on the Zoom files? If not, just pick the rate that matches the project rate. If there is on set production timecode, then choose whatever rate was used on set.

Audio does not have a frame rate, but the frame rate helps calculate the intended timecode by dividing the total number of "samples from midnight" by the frame rate.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 25, 2017 at 10:08:15 pm

Yeah, those are the only frame rates available for AUDIO TIME CODE. As Michael said, audio doesn't have timecode, but audio recorders will record timecode you set, but the only options for that are what's listed...there is no 60fps timecode for audio. The closest is 29.97...but really, it should be determined by what the recorder was set to record...what frame rate was it set to?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 25, 2017 at 11:32:29 pm

it seems that only a few Zoom models support timecode, such as the Zoom F8 multitrack. So knowing which recorder was used would help. Or you can open one of the WAV files in Sound Device's Wave Agent application and see what it can parse from the metadata.

Free download: https://www.sounddevices.com/products/accessories/software/wave-agent

The fact that Media Composer did not even guess at a frame rate would lead me to believe that these files have no timecode in them, so select the frame rate of the project type being used will be your next best bet.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]